Ideas On How To Make A Cranky Baby Smile For Photos In Houston
As tiny as they may be, babies also have their own moods and personalities. You might love taking snaps of them every moment but there are times they are likely feeling too bored to smile for the camera. It’s hard for babies to put on a fake grin and smile. Here are some of the tricks you can use to make your baby smile every time you are taking a picture.
When Do Babies Start Smiling?
You might assume that your baby has been smiling since the day you brought him/her from the hospital. However, at that age, they are simply reflexes and they haven’t learned how to start smiling yet. You should know that babies start smiling randomly after a while even you might find him/her smiling while asleep. Here’s what you need to know.
• Between 6 and 10 weeks of age babies will start smiling because of environmental stimulation.
• When they are 2 or 3 months old babies will probably look at you and smile or even when they are happy.
• At 4 to 6 months of age babies often smile and look away when they feel the interaction is too intense.
• At 6 to 12 months of age, babies start experimenting with laughter. You will have a lot of fun taking photographs of them at this age. They are likely to have different types of smiles at this age and can use each one to communicate effectively.
Tips On How To Make Your Baby Smile
As a photographer, you shouldn’t be shy. Your baby will notice your discomfort when taking pictures. If you have a phony or forced smile, your baby will not be at ease. Rather, you need to find ways to connect with your child. If possible, you can try some silly tricks to make your child happy. Here are a few things you should do.
• Pop your lips
• Make funny sounds
• Wiggle your nose or ears
• Click your tongue
• Make funny faces
• Play peekaboo
• Give your baby a thumbs up
• Use a feather to tickle the baby
• Dance silly to any music
• Use a stuffed animal to bump your baby’s nose
• Put on a puppet show to make your baby smile.
If none of these tricks work, you can try doing two or more tricks at once. If possible, you can ask another family member to help you get your baby to smile. Toddlers can instantly connect with infants and make them smile so that’s a safe bet.
Try Props For The Photo Shoot
If you want to make your baby’s photo session amazing, you need to add some props. During the first year, your baby might have limited poses so using props is a good way to get a good pose and make him/her smile. You can use bright and colorful toys, especially those with sounds. They will capture your child’s attention long enough and bring out a smile. Blocks, balls, rattles, dolls or trucks work perfectly as props for your child.
What To Do When Your Child Won’t Smile
Of course, there are still adorable baby photos where your child doesn’t smile. You might actually not get a single grin during the entire session. All these tricks and props might not work. If there is no smile, you can capture any other moments with your child such as inquisitive looks, soft eyes or any other cute thing your baby might be doing for a great photograph.
Visit our blog to read more related articles and to see the sample of the wonderful photos we captured. Contact us or message us on Facebook today!